#NaNoWriMo2015 Diary -- Day 24



Day 24

Holy schnikeys, day 24!!!

Wow. It was just day... 5 not that long ago.

Writing today was good... 2119 words, which brought me to 42,523. Not as far along as I'd hoped, but still ahead of schedule.

There were several days of research, a lot of listening to music and reading about music, mostly from the 80s, and trying to get the prose just so.

Today I finally pushed past that chunk of research-dependent story and wrote the next scene, which at first I was thrilled and frightened by, and which I then questioned if it should even be in the story at all, but which I went ahead and wrote. Lo and behold I am amazed at what took shape. Not yet sure how it's all going to fit together, but that's not something to fret over now.

Now is the time to go for it, to let the story rip, to push through the dreaded middle everyone is always whining about.

I don't want to get into all that. Focus on having fun and continuing to follow your characters around all day, transcribing what they do, where they go, what they say, etc etc, and everything will be fine.

You can do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up With Writer Roy Huff @realroyhuff

10 Questions with Thriller Writer C.W. Lemoine (@CWLemoine)

10 Questions with Author Sandra Glosser (@baccibone1)